* * *
Operating and Staff Costs: $4000 per week ($533 per day, $22 per hour)
-This includes rent, misc operating costs and potential salaries for four employees
Internet (T-1): $200/week
– A T1 line is necessary to handle the large amount of video we process.
Phone, for landline and three iPhones: $125/week
-We use the iPhones not only for calls, texts and interaction with our audience, but also for live-streaming
Canopus Audio Analog to Digital (A/D) and Digital to Analog (D/A) Converter Box. (2) – $200 each
- Model 110 – $200, $240 with plug in. Model ADVC-300 is $420 with plug in.
- We may need two of these. We can always use them even if they aren’t installed
in the capitol closet because we may find a combination device.
TV tuners to broadcast 2 cable channels at one time. – $200-400 each
- We need 2 tuner cards.
- We currently are using borrowed equipment to get one channel up.
- We may have one tuner per channel or we may have a dual tuner install.
PC to operate the tuner cards with. – $250
- Most tuners are PCI cards and are only compatible with a PC. Mac solutions are
limited in choice and expensive.
Remote Desktop Software (VNC) for the computer. - $50
– One license per computer that is accessed.
Secure cabinet to use for our equipment hold in the basement at the capitol – donated, or $100 – $500
- Can be wood or metal
- Must be secure with a lock. We prefer a combination lock
- Must have ventilation holes for air flow.
- Should be big enough to store our broadcast equipment, plus a area for temporary gear
- our area size is two 4-drawer vertical file cabinets side-by-side…. up to 18″ from the
- See Mike McIntee for more information on our needs.
- we currently have 2.
- we need 1 adapter per camera – we currently have 9 cameras both owned and personal.
- allows us to plug in ‘pro’ style plugs
- allows us to use line level signals with our mic level cameras
- Can mix both right and left sides
BeachtekCompact Audio Adapter for each of our cameras. – $200
Sennheiser Compact Shotgun Mic — “Sennheiser MKE 400 Shotgun Microphone” – $200
– one for each camera
– we currently have one working and one broken
An AudioVideo (A/V) distribution amp (1:4) – $110 each
– We need one for each show we produce. Currently we have 2 shows.
– We have one donation on the way.
Audio Mixer - $400 each
– We need one for each show we produce.
– We currently have one on loan for Tom’s Show that has to go back.
– We would like to have at least 4 XLR inputs plus other source inputs.
– We are thinking this will be an 8 channel mixer.
Tripods – $20-$50 each
- Need one for every camera set. Currently have 2-3 semi-working tripods.
Set Lights – $1000 each
- We need at least 3 lights for each set.
Replacement SM57 Shure Mics – $100 each + $15 for windscreen.
- We’r missing quite a few of our SM57 Shure Mics.
-Need 6+ mics
Camera Kits – $100-$200 each
PZM Soundgrabber Microphone – $80 – $200
-Great for our Weekend UpTake show
Lav Mike – $30-$100
-Great for interviews/roundtable discussions
Tapes – $110 for a box of 50
1 TB Harddrives – $100 each
-All that video has to go somewhere.