A year ago you may have been watching the Minnesota US Senate recount along with us at The UpTake.
While that was going on, did you ever wonder what the judges were thinking? At the William Mitchell Law School in St. Paul, Justices and Judges who were part of the historic recount and election contest talk about their role.
- Chief Justice Eric J. Magnuson, Minnesota Supreme Court, on the role of the State Canvassing Board
- Associate Justice Helen M. Meyer, Minnesota Supreme Court, on the role of the Minnesota Supreme Court
- Assistant Chief Judge Denise D. Reilly, 4th Judicial District, on the role of the three-judge panel
- Rachel Smith, Hennepin County elections manager, on the role of elections officials
- Jay Weiner, author of the forthcoming book, “This Is Not Florida: How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount” (Fall 2010), on the role of the media
Support this story and all the stories from The Uptake. Donate.